Well, like I mentioned in my last post, I’m planning to publish a lot of the old courseware that I’ve developed over time. The idea is to share the materials that I’m no longer using with the good folks on the internet rather than to have it all sitting around collecting virtual dust on my laptop.
This time, I’m pushing out the labs and slides for my 2-day unit testing & test-driven development (TDD) course for Visual Studio 2010. A few months ago, I started looking at upgrading the VS2010 course to Visual Studio 2012 and decided that it was actually time for a re-write because I don’t really write tests the same way anymore.
The labs for this course focus on process and software architecture patterns for how to:
- Create unit tests for a Deck of Cards using TDD
- Unit test the Adapter pattern
- Unit test the Repository pattern
- Using mock objects to test in isolation
- Unit testing a user interface using the Model-View-Presenter (MVP) pattern
Here are the materials for the course:
- Course description and syllabus
- Slides in PDF format
- Slides in PowerPoint format
- Labs in PDF format
- Code for the labs (before and after)
– Looking for training for unit testing and test-driven development with Visual Studio 2012? Want a coach to come show your team how to incorporate tests into your existing applications? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org