I do a lot of Team Foundation Server installations and – well, they can be a little tricky. There are a lot of steps and, while they’re not that hard, you really have to pay attention to the steps.
Over the years, I’ve found that it’s helpful to have a step-by-step guide with screenshots to help walk me through the process so I always write one. I figured that this might be useful to those of you who are tasked with installing and configuring TFS so I decided to post it. In its current v1.0.0 form, this guide walks you through the process of installing Team Foundation Server 2012 (TFS2012), the TFS2012 Build Service, System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012, and TFS Lab Management. (NOTE: it assumes that TFS2012 and the SQL Server database for TFS are on the same box.)
Here are the individual chapters:
- Lab 01: Install Pre-requisites for SQL Server 2008 R2 and TFS2012
- Lab 02: Install SQL Server 2008 R2 for TFS2012
- Lab 03: Install Team Foundation Server 2012
- Lab 04: Update the TFS2012 Service Account
- Lab 05: Install the Team Foundation Server Build Service
- Lab 06: Install the pre-requisites for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012
- Lab 07: Install System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 & Configure Lab Management
You can also download the install guide as a Word document and as a PDF.
Leave a Reply