A couple of days ago a customer asked me what the best way to add new Task to a Product Backlog Item (PBI) during the Daily Scrum meeting or a Scrum Sprint Planning meeting. When I started working on the reply, I realized that there are quite a few ways to add a related child work item to a PBI in Team Foundation Server (TFS). Here’s the list that I came up with.
1) From the Sprint Planner, click the add button for the PBI
2) From the Scrum Board view, click the add task button.
3) From a PBI in the web interface, use the “New Linked Work Item” button.
4) In Visual Studio, open the PBI and right-click pretty much whitespace and choose “New Linked Work Item…”
5) In Excel, select the PBI and then click the Add Child button
— Looking for help with Team Foundation Server 2013? Need some training on how to get Scrum working on your teams? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply